Level 19, 344 Queen Street
Brisbane 4000
Open from Monday - Friday
9:30am - 2:30pm

I am an Australian going to Thailand for a one week business trip/conference, do I need a visa?

Yes, everyone travelling to Thailand for business/conference purposes requires a Business Visa. Please refer to the Business Visa section.


I want to go to Thailand for a two week holiday and hold an Australian passport, do I need a visa?

Australian Passport holders may stay in Thailand as a tourist without a visa for up to (i) 30 days if entering by aircraft; or (ii) up to 15 days if entering over land via a border check point.

This visa exemption only applies to persons with a confirmed ticket out of Thailand and at least 6 months passport validity.

Please refer to the Visa Exemption section.


My passport expires within 6 months, can I enter Thailand with less than 6 months validity left?

No, ALL passports require a minimum of 6 months validity remaining from the date of entry into Thailand.


What are your methods of payment at the consulate?

We only accept Cash ($AU), Money Order. Please make out payments to ‘Royal Thai Consulate Queensland’ if paying by Money Order. We do not have EFTPOS or credit card facilities.


How long does it take to process a visa in Brisbane?

Visa processing time is 2 business days, provided the application form is completed with all relevant  and approved supporting documentation attached.


Do I need to leave my passport at the consulate?

Yes, your original passport is required to be submitted at the time of application as the visa is placed into your passport.


I am not married to a Thai but have a Thai child, can I get a non-immigrant visa?

Yes, you can apply for a non-immigrant visa if your child is Thai. Please ensure you bring a copy of their birth certificate, Thai passport, and a letter from the child's Thai parent stating you still support the child.


How do I get my passport mailed back to me?

When posting applications to the consulate, registered postal applications will only be accepted. Please include, in addition to the application requirements, a self addressed registered envelope in which the visa can be posted back to the applicant (make sure you do not tear off the slip on the envelope to be posted back to you).

Please note: the Thai Consulate Queensland does not take responsibility for any lost post.


What inoculations do I need to go to Thailand?

It is not a legal requirement, but advisable for all travellers to get immunised against Typhoid, and Malaria (especially if travelling North). These immunisations can be attained from your doctor. Your local G.P. can provide further advice on inoculations.


What medications can I take into Thailand?

It is advisable that you contact the Thai Embassy in Canberra or the Thai Consulate General in Sydney for specific information on medications.


I have a Thai child, who needs to make/renew their Thai passport, do I need to go with them to make it?

If a Thai passport applicant is under the age of 20, they require their parents to accompany them for the process. If a parent is unable to attend, a Letter of Consent needs to be completed in person at their nearest Thai Consulate, with the passport of the parent consenting. Please refer to the Consular Services section (Thai) (English).


I have a Thai friend that I wish to bring to Australia, how do I do that?

You need to contact Australian Immigration, as they may require an Australian Visa. Australian Immigration may be contacted on 131-881 or http://www.border.gov.au/